Thursday, May 24, 2012

Adjusting

It's funny because today I was thinking to myself how great it was that we were all adjusting to our new situation. My family has really rallied behind me this time around. I'm connecting with people I haven't seen in years, branching out and making new connections.

I'm particularly surprised at how well Bubba has adjusted. And then it hits...

The heat is unbearable. Really that's an understatement. Anyone who knows where I lived before (literally by the beach) knows life was heaven. Temperature was in the 60s practically year round. Right now it's in the 60s but dry. Combine that with the fact that we're all crammed in one tiny room, and you can imagine the heat.

So I finally manage to get HW done and little Chu-Chu wakes up crying. I bring him into bed with me and he falls asleep. I manage to get shut eye and Bubba wakes up sweating and miserable. Naturally he cries for Daddy.

I'd love to complain and curse their dad for making life harder on us but there's no time. Not when my little ones need me, and I need sleep.

And so here I am, releasing my frustrations. It will get better. We will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment